The COVID-19 pandemic does not impact everyone in the same way: those who are already marginalised and at risk of violence and exploitation see their situation worsened due to a one-size-fits-all confinement measures.
In this panel debate we aim at exploring the local and European responses to domestic violence during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Jurgita Pečiūrienė, European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) [ https://www.facebook.com/eige.europa.eu/ ], Gender-based Violence researcher.
- Alicja Switon, Executive Manager, WAVE Network [ https://www.facebook.com/womenagainstviolenceeurope/ ] (Women Against Violence Europe).
- Kika Fumero, General Director of the Instituto Canario de Igualdad [ https://www.facebook.com/institutocanarioigualdad/ ] and initiator of the initiative “Mascarilla-19”
- Léa Thuiller and Amélie Durand, representatives of the organisation En avant toutes [ https://www.facebook.com/enavanttoutes78/ ], running the initiative chat
- Marcella Pirrone - representative of the International Working Group of D.i.Re Donne in Rete contro la violenza [ https://www.facebook.com/DiReDonneInReteControLaViolenza/ ], the Italian network of non-institutional and self-led women’s shelters.
Please register through this link: https://aegeepanel_domesticviolence.eventbrite.com/
More info here [ https://www.facebook.com/events/290232918668328/ ]!
When 🕕︎Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 18:00 - 19:30 GMT+2
Created on Thursday, May 07, 2020 at 13:19:57 GMT+2
Last modified on Monday, May 11, 2020 at 13:56:17 GMT+2
Link to calendar https://cal.aegee.org/?d=2020-05-14&id=e6d5038b6bd2721464ee580c33f072be677d3ec0c72203691e974883c604b354&cal=2
💾︎iCalendar file https://cal.aegee.org/c/2/e6d5038b6bd2721464ee580c33f072be677d3ec0c72203691e974883c604b354.ics
Calendar Quarantine Events